Our client, a large consultancy, are looking for a Hydraulic Modeller to join their team based in Galway.
The Hydraulic Modeller will be a member of the Civil, Design Build and Water Team.
- Provision of specialist hydraulic modelling input to projects (primarily related to flood risk management and drainage area plans)
- Modelling of Clean Water distribution Networks
- Technical report writing
- Support technical development of others in team
- Support business development
- You hold a Level 8 Degree in Engineering, Geography, GIS, Science related subject or equivalent
- You have ideally 3-5 years’ experience of building and calibrating hydraulic models
- You have a sound understanding of hydrological processes and analysis techniques
- You have a high level of competency in flood modelling (ideally using HEC RAS 1D/2D, or InfoWorks ICM)
- You have experience modelling sewer networks (ideally using InfoWorks ICM)
- You have experience with water network modelling (EPA-NET or Synergi) advantageous but not essential
- You have knowledge of Geographic Information Systems such as QGIS, MapInfo or ArcGIS.
- You have experience of computer modelling principles
- Experience of Clean water modelling and distribution networks
- Management of Detailed Zonal Studies delivery, Pressure Management and DMA Design
- Strong report writing/ability
- Good client liaison skills
- Full Clean Driving Licence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we can offer you:
- Excellent salary
- Remote working options
- A defined career path with clear objectives and ‘progression gates’
- A strong CPD commitment
- The opportunity to work and grow with a good team of people
Please make sure you are legally entitled to work in Ireland before you apply.