Our client, who supply specialist design and installation services to the construction industry are looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their expanding team who are based in North Dublin.
In this role you will be working cross functional and will be reporting to the Commercial Director and or the Senior Quantity Surveyor.
About the role:
- Understand and review budgets for each element of the project.
- Work closely with Estimating, Purchasing and Design departments to understand the cost inputs for said project.
- Report to the Commercial Manager on the performance of projects monthly implementing existing cost control reporting system.
- Prepare and submit monthly interim payment applications for on-going projects
- Prepare and submit change orders and variations to on-going project
- Attend site to review progress
- Pre-tender and post-tender discussions with clients and professional teams
- Resolve contractual issues with Clients, Design Teams, Main Contractors and Sub-Contractors
- Attend project meetings and identify potential variations and revenue-generating opportunities
- Assist Estimating with detailed measurement and take-offs where necessary
What we need from you:
- Third-level qualification Construction Economics / Project Management / QS
- 3-5 Years’ experience as QS in the industry – PQS / Main Contractor / Specialist Sub-Contracting
- Ideally some experience in the Specialist Sub-contractor Façade industry
- Good working knowledge of contracts – Government Public Works, RIAI, JCT, FICIC etc.
- Knowledge & experience of curtain walling / specialist contracting / main contracting
- Enthusiasm and drive
What we can offer you:
- Competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
- Hybrid working options.
- Career development and mentorship.
Please ensure that you are legally entitled to work in Ireland before applying